Comments, Suggestions, Discussions > Lets have a Winge

iTunes

<< < (2/4) > >>

musicjunkie:
stranded - I believe it hasn't changed much, I haven't bought anything from iTunes for ages. I heard that the DRM free tracks are now 256 kps (ooh aah !). Still a rip off considering you're still paying $1.69 per track.

ValiumMm:
Mac, Apple, Ipods, Itunes  FTL

motcher76:

--- Quote from: musicjunkie on Thu 27 Mar 2008 01:49:04 ---stranded - I believe it hasn't changed much, I haven't bought anything from iTunes for ages. I heard that the DRM free tracks are now 256 kps (ooh aah !). Still a rip off considering you're still paying $1.69 per track.

--- End quote ---

Yes, most of the DRM-free tracks are now @256 (wow!) but there's no way of telling what the bitrate is before you pay for and DL any tracks. I had my iTune/iStore preferences set for 256 but when I DL'd an album a month or so ago (a recent release) I discovered it was @128. I wish I'd have known that before I forked over the cash. I'm not paying seventeen bucks for such a crappy bitrate. Many of the other online music stores tell you what the bitrate is for each track.

That was the last straw for me with iTunes ... permanently de-installed from my PC. Not that that action put iTunes off ... to this day it still occasionally tells me there's an iTunes software update available and do I want to install it (must still have some legacy files or settings remaining on my PC). Persistent little bugger!!

I also agree it's annoying the OZ version has such a "limited" catalogue, especially the older releases, and I have noticed the partial albums as well (and that's really frustrating).

Pity we can't access the Amazon online music service.

Cheers

motcher76:

--- Quote from: ValiumMm on Wed 02 Apr 2008 20:29:42 ---Mac, Apple, Ipods, Itunes  FTL

--- End quote ---

;D  ;D  ;D

Overhere:
They did a similar thing with the iphone over here in the UK. You can buy the phone - you just can't buy any ring tones cos that's only available to the US customers - which is fine - if only they'd put that somewhere on the box, in the user guides, or on the website. Friend of mine bought one and sent it back...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version