Comments, Suggestions, Discussions > Lets have a Winge

iTunes

<< < (4/4)

JestaCat:
here, here @ all of you.  Pretty much summed it all up.
I do use iTunes for buying individual tracks that aren't available elsewhere.  As long as they're not "Album Only" (grrr)... Won't buy an iPod on principal - at least not until you don't HAVE to use iTunes to synch the thing.  Once it's drag/n/drop I would consider it.
I have had iRivier (HDD - was great then HDD kept disconnecting); then a Samsung (flash - great) now a Sony (flash - great).  As much as I enjoyed having 80gb of music with me, I now see the benefit of only having a 4gb player - I'm more involved in what's on there more regularly, so don't 'forget' to listen to stuff.  Also, I seem to buy a new album every week/fnight so need to update anyway.  Works for me that way.

Forrykook:
My stepson gave me his 8GB ipod, (I thought just for a lend but now he says I can have it) and very quickly came to the realisation that itunes sucks big time. It's difficult and stupid. My music, (120GB), is on my external HDD at 320 bitrate but I wanted to convert down to 192 and transfer to ipod. Itunes can not do this.

I use MediaMonkey for my media player and was stoked to find that it can do all of this. Convert bitrates, put them in a new location even an ipod, rebuild the ipod database etc etc. GO MediaMonkey!! Itunes has left the building.

Hey Motcher
--- Quote ---to this day it still occasionally tells me there's an iTunes software update available and do I want to install it (must still have some legacy files or settings remaining on my PC). Persistent little bugger!!
--- End quote ---

I think this is the Apple Software updater that you should find in your Add/Remove programs dialogue box. You probably still have Quicktime on the pooter for some other program, but you should be able to uninstall the updater.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version