Author Topic: Bloody Halloween!!!  (Read 8037 times)

Offline Beergut

Bloody Halloween!!!
« on: Thu 01 Nov 2018 18:10:25 »
Anyone else absolutely fed up with this Amerikun import?

Bloody kids knocking on your door, begging for sweets. You don't know what allergies they may have, so you have to be ultra careful about what you have on hand. Normally sane people dressing up in insane garb.

And it's not just a problem here. 2 weeks ago we were in Scotland, and the same thing was happening there. Just about every pub and shop had a halloween display set up. I asked one of the locals if it was a local tradition, but no, they imported it from the good ole USA as well. And most people there hated it as well.

Why do we adopt these bizarre foreign celebrations?

Never stand between a tree and a dog

Offline deutros

• Midoztouch 2
  • Global Moderator
  • Rock Elite
  • Midoztouch 2 Admin
    • Little Aussie Albums
Re: Bloody Halloween!!!
« Reply #1 on: Thu 01 Nov 2018 19:41:45 »
We don't Beergut it gets forced upon us by big business for the almighty dollar.

Offline MrPurser

« Reply #2 on: Fri 02 Nov 2018 02:28:52 »
Just another wat for the supermarkets, etc. to get into your wallet - farcical - and the kids 'celebrating' it have absolutley no idea what it's about...  I shut the front gate and let the dog into the front yard - works really well...
Another day - another song.

Offline okym

« Reply #3 on: Sat 10 Nov 2018 05:18:56 »
Normally don't answer the door on Haloween, but this year one lot were just banging the door for ages and  pressing the door bell non stop. Eventually went to door and said sorry, on my way out, no time to find any treats and shut the door in their face. Should have seen the dagger looks I got. :Grrrrrr:

Offline Babakazoo

« Reply #4 on: Wed 12 Dec 2018 04:38:46 »
Thankfully I live in the heart of the city, so there aren't children roaming around the streets banging on doors here.  It's just a money grab for the supermarkets and other stores.  Leave it in America, where it belongs!  :Grrrrrr: