Comments, Suggestions, Discussions > Ausrock Forums

Glad to be back

(1/2) > >>

mcphert1:
About three months ago on chrome I started getting messages that this site was not reachable.  A few weeks after I tried using Microsoft Bing and it worked...for about 4 weeks then the same thing happened.  I thought that was the end of being able to access this site.  Then yesterday out of the blue I got back in.  Not sure what happened or if it was something I did or didn't do but there you go.  Could it have been anything your end?  Cheers.   

peterpowerpop:

--- Quote from: mcphert1 on Sat 24 Feb 2024 17:38:11 ---About three months ago on chrome I started getting messages that this site was not reachable.  A few weeks after I tried using Microsoft Bing and it worked...for about 4 weeks then the same thing happened.  I thought that was the end of being able to access this site.  Then yesterday out of the blue I got back in.  Not sure what happened or if it was something I did or didn't do but there you go.  Could it have been anything your end?  Cheers.

--- End quote ---

It's times like these that I put an imaginary pipe in my mouth, puff on it, and look terribly thoughtful as I say: "Ah, the Internet..."

(Translated, that means: "No idea.")

peterpowerpop:
Unfortunately, I can't offer an explanation for your misadventures with the forum. I've never had trouble accessing it.

Guy:
Hi McPherti

Firstly, it's great to see you back with us mate

I too have issues with being unable to access this site using Chrome and I think it is because Ausrock is not a secure site (https:) and Chrome doesn't like this

I use Edge but I had to tell it (in Settings) to allow this unsecure site - Chrome's equivalent setting doesn't work for some reason.

As far as getting erratic outcomes with your browser, I think it has to do with its Cache (bad data stops access, until the Cache is cleared) - maybe you restarted your PC in-between outcomes??)  :shithappens:

Anyhow, let's hope you don't drop off the perch again - good luck.

tony angel:
I have also encountered the same problem with Chrome and then Edge, and now Chrome Works again...... :smash:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version