Author Topic: Pixeldrain.com  (Read 1425 times)

Offline ozmuze

Pixeldrain.com
« on: Mon 05 Feb 2024 17:59:45 »
Hi everyone... I thought it prudent to give a heads up to all those who use Pixeldrain.com...
As of last Friday, the website was placed on a list of websites that "possibly" have malicious software - MALWARE.

How I know this is because the WA firm that manages our home computer network has told me.
How did I find out?  As part of our management contract with them, they installed Webroot Endpoint Protection on all our computers.  This is a very effective layer in virus and malware protection.

I did ask them if Pixeldrain.com could be put on a list of exceptions... unfortunately the answer was no.... although the guy I spoke with did try for one of Deutros' posts that I was keen to get.
The bottom line - after the site was "excluded" on Webroot so I could download Deutros' post, it was STILL blocked... but (perplexingly) intermittently.

I got back on the phone and explained what I was experiencing, and was told that they put a "wildcard" next to the URL for Deutros' post, so it SHOULD NOT be blocked any longer. BUT if it is, then something in Pixeldrain is changing... therefore they won't be putting a "wildcard exception" on the ENTIRE website, so as to protect all their clients.

They (my network managers) are of the opinion that once Pixeldrain becomes aware of that they (Pixeldrain) should make the necessary changes to regain their safe standing... and this has yet to happen, if indeed it does.
In the meantime I have been advised not to use it.

I have asked both Deutros and Bondie if they would put an album each had, somewhere else, if only temporarily... thank you both by the way!

In the interim I am asking if those who use it would consider a mirror site somewhere, if at all possible?

Sorry for this inconvenience, but I thought the forum should be made aware.

Cheers,
Oz

The following users thanked this post: Hector McFreckle, Rusty, RAM, Tomado, SunnyToo

Offline Ratso

Re: Pixeldrain.com
« Reply #1 on: Mon 05 Feb 2024 19:16:23 »
That's disturbing, as I use this frequently. My security hasn't detected any nasties, but that might be a comment on it rather the the existence of malware.

I won't use it for posts on this forum in future.
 :shithappens:

Offline ozmuze

Re: Pixeldrain.com
« Reply #2 on: Tue 06 Feb 2024 02:39:41 »
Thanks Ratso.

As I said... hopefully Pixeldrain will do some house keeping and sort it out SOON.
I should think they would be very keen to get back on good standing as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Oz