Author Topic: In Remembrance - Mike Furber  (Read 1826 times)

Offline RAM

In Remembrance - Mike Furber
« on: Tue 10 May 2022 18:47:16 »
49 years ago on May 10th, 1973 we lost Mike Furber by his own hand. Such a sad end for one so young.
Who knows where the time goes (Sandy Denny)

The following users thanked this post: Hector McFreckle, deutros, MrPurser, Tomado, SunnyToo

Offline deutros

• Midoztouch 2
  • Global Moderator
  • Rock Elite
  • Midoztouch 2 Admin
    • Little Aussie Albums
Re: In Remembrance - Mike Furber
« Reply #1 on: Tue 10 May 2022 21:01:19 »
It was shocking at the time most  likely the first loss of sixties legends.  :(

The following users thanked this post: RAM

Offline johng

« Reply #2 on: Tue 10 May 2022 23:55:43 »
Deutros' comment made me think about who is still around ....  of the 'first' rock n rollers who popped up in the late 50s , Col Joye had his 85th birthday recently, Frank Ifield is 84 (I don't think either now do formal performing, more general chat sessions - but I note both were guests at a charity function a couple of weeks ago. Johnny Devlin would be 83, I assume 'retired', Lonnie Lee is still performing (as 'the last man standing' ) at 81. For the Melbourne based people Johnny Chester is 80  I assume Frankie Davidson is still on this mortal coil ...

The performers from the mid to late 60s would now be in their mid 70s or later - but are still around, and performing - I note Normie Rowe, Dinah Lee and Jade Hurley are doing a three-person show that is going round the traps...

The following users thanked this post: Hector McFreckle, deutros, Guitarzan, Tomado

Offline Guitarzan

« Reply #3 on: Thu 26 May 2022 22:44:45 »
Deutros' comment made me think about who is still around ....  of the 'first' rock n rollers who popped up in the late 50s , Col Joye had his 85th birthday recently, Frank Ifield is 84 (I don't think either now do formal performing, more general chat sessions - but I note both were guests at a charity function a couple of weeks ago. Johnny Devlin would be 83, I assume 'retired', Lonnie Lee is still performing (as 'the last man standing' ) at 81. For the Melbourne based people Johnny Chester is 80  I assume Frankie Davidson is still on this mortal coil ...

The performers from the mid to late 60s would now be in their mid 70s or later - but are still around, and performing - I note Normie Rowe, Dinah Lee and Jade Hurley are doing a three-person show that is going round the traps...
Not forgetting original Delltones member Ian 'Peewee' Wilson who's still hangin' five at age 82 and has been in showbiz since 1958. That's one of the longest times (if not THE longest) somebody has ever lasted in the Australian pop and rock-n-roll industry. Simply incredible.
If it ain't loud, it ain't rock 'n' roll 🎸 ♪ ♫

The following users thanked this post: johng