Comments, Suggestions, Discussions > Lets have a Winge

poetin

(1/2) > >>

Tomado:
Don't buy anything Russian. :fingerup:)

deutros:
TO true. :Grrrrrr:

Tomado:
The 'niveau' has been raised by Putty to Nuclear niveau.
Putty is becoming more and more isolated, now how about Aus/enz & China & Japan?

Tomado:
Everybody here in Holland that know I'm an Aussie are asking me WHAT is my country doing?
I ashameingly have to reply nothing. I just know of nothing...
Please inform me if I'm wrong.The eu have funded Oz during that 1999 fire so I reckon it would be a nice gesture towards eu to help Ukrine, don't you?
I know and have experienced before that this site doesn't like/want me to have a political retoric but: just put a sock in it.

Beergut:
Tom, the same sanctions have been applied here as everywhere else, including the personal sanctions against Putin himself. We were a bit tardy in applying those personal sanctions, but it has been done.

It's difficult to boycott Russian goods because, well there aren't all that many things on our shelves that originate in Russia. So at best it's a token gesture.

I don't know how much news from home you get, but ATM we have our own problems that you may not be aware of with that monster being the centre of all your news broadcasts. There's been record flooding from above the Sunshine Coast, through Brisbane & the Gold Coast, northern NSW & today the storm is heading towards Sydney. This is happening as I type this, and more rain is on the way in the next week. Lismore is under 2 metres more water than their previous flood peak record, and many other towns have had the highest rainfall since records began back in the 1870's.

So, terrible as the Ukrainian crisis is, the current flooding has pushed it to page 2 news over here, and our floods have become the more immediate problem.

Please reassure your friends though that we are with them 100% in condemning Russia, but we're only a small player here. I just wish the prick had never been born....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version