Author Topic: RIP Peter Green  (Read 2017 times)

Offline RAM

RIP Peter Green
« on: Mon 27 Jul 2020 06:03:05 »
It was with great sense of loss that I just read of Peter Green's passing. The first line-up of Fleetwood Mac that he led was a major influence on my musical journey. All of their albums, but particularly their debut album "Fleetwood Mac", and singles "Black Magic Woman", "Albatross", "Oh Well" and "Man Of The World" are still essential listening for me.

He had his demons and challenges in life, so hopefully he is now at peace.

https://rhythms.com.au/peter-green-r-i-p/?fbclid=IwAR1mhg_e6b_PNk1S7x20xOz2L528WJCp4GRrCMDw85EwWnMVEtXyGx1ftWk
Who knows where the time goes (Sandy Denny)

The following users thanked this post: Tomado, Ratso

Offline deutros

• Midoztouch 2
  • Global Moderator
  • Rock Elite
  • Midoztouch 2 Admin
    • Little Aussie Albums
Re: RIP Peter Green
« Reply #1 on: Mon 27 Jul 2020 07:03:33 »
Sad news RAM the passing of another of my boyhood idols "Oh Well" was one of my favourite songs for so long and I still get tingles when I hear it. As you say he had his demons and hopefully he is at peace now.  :( :angel:

The following users thanked this post: RAM

Offline RAM

Re: RIP Peter Green
« Reply #2 on: Tue 28 Jul 2020 06:06:02 »
Sad news RAM the passing of another of my boyhood idols "Oh Well" was one of my favourite songs for so long and I still get tingles when I hear it. As you say he had his demons and hopefully he is at peace now.  :( :angel:
:iagree: Greeny is absolutely one of my boyhood idols too. A great guitarist and a much under rated vocalist.
Who knows where the time goes (Sandy Denny)