Author Topic: Granny Rap? Anyone know of this song?  (Read 12528 times)

Offline surrealised

Granny Rap? Anyone know of this song?
« on: Tue 01 Mar 2011 21:53:30 »
I remember a 12 inch single from the eighties with a grandma rapping.  And, that's about all i remember.  Can anyone help me with some more info?

Cheers

Offline stuartrb

Re: Granny Rap? Anyone know of this song?
« Reply #1 on: Fri 04 Mar 2011 05:18:06 »
2JJ had a Sunday program in the 80's with Angela Webber - she voiced a punk pensioner character named Lillian Pascoe. She released a single parodying Grandmaster Flash's "The Message" which sounds like what you're after. I remember the lyrics "Don't push me 'cause I'm getting old" but not much else.

Offline motcher76

« Reply #2 on: Sat 28 May 2011 23:13:08 »
I wonder if this would be closer to the mark for you surrealised. In addition to that 7" single mentioned by stuartrb, there was also a 12" vinyl release in 1984 by Angela Webber via her comedic alter-ego, "the anarchic punk pensioner", Lillian Pascoe. This might be more the one you're thinking of.

Artist:    Lillian Pascoe & The Axle Crew
Format:  12'' Vinyl, Limited Edition
Label:     ABC Records
Year:     1984
Tracks:
A1  Lillian's Lunch Rap
B1  The Pascoe Tapes (Live)

I can't help with the single, nor can I find a sound-byte or mp3 anywhere for you to check it out. I'm not familiar with the recording - this is just info I've found on an Oz music database.

Cheers
« Last Edit: Sun 29 May 2011 00:16:08 by motcher76 »
"... Before you judge a man, first walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who gives a damn. He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!!..."   ;D

Offline surrealised

« Reply #3 on: Wed 29 Feb 2012 11:22:02 »
Gawd. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, I thought I'd flagged it to notify me of a reply. 

Anyway, actually I think that it might just be Lilians Lunch Rap.  I can see the cover of the 12 Inch, in my minds eye.  Thank you both so much.