Author Topic: Angels National Tour  (Read 10545 times)

Offline vbs

Angels National Tour
« on: Thu 03 Jul 2008 05:50:48 »
Read in a local gig guide when I was visiting NSW that the re-formed Angels will be doing a national tour.

Being an Angels fan from way back - I was thrilled. That is till I get back to Western Australia and go to their web page to check out their tour dates. No Western Australia visit - yet they will play some country NSW gigs out the back of Bourke but appear to miss a whole state.

Seems the west is always forgotten by the good bands - we are part of Australia (probably should have succeeded in the early years as they originally planned - we would have probably got more band tours if we were classed another country).

The west is alright (execpt for the Eagles and Dockers footy teams).

Offline Beergut

Re: Angels National Tour
« Reply #1 on: Thu 03 Jul 2008 06:13:28 »
Try living in Adelaide! We see all the major overseas acts come do their Australian tours; of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.

Adelaide always seems to miss out on the biggest acts.

Never stand between a tree and a dog

Offline Rodamo

• Free Classified Ad site
« Reply #2 on: Thu 03 Jul 2008 18:51:59 »
Yep

I agree VBS,We have missed out on loads of good concerts over the years,I guess the promotors think its to far,and to hard,although the Nullabour has its good points as well ;)

Offline StavrosPlod

• Patron
« Reply #3 on: Sun 03 Aug 2008 21:19:37 »
Stacky, Mrs Stacky and I caught The Angels in the final concert of their (almost) National Tour at Newcastle Panthers last night. It was a red hot show. They were smokin' baby!!!!

The only thing that seems to have changed over the last 30 years is the price of beer - but don't get Stacky started on that!!!
Release the bats!

Offline vbs

« Reply #4 on: Mon 04 Aug 2008 01:54:06 »
Thanks for rubbing it in Stacky.
Sound like it is a great show we in the west will be missing out on..........

Offline diver71

« Reply #5 on: Tue 02 Sep 2008 00:48:41 »
As I posted somewhere else .... saw this gig in Melbourne (doncaster) and had a blast - they did many of the old classics and belted them out as good as they have done at any of the previous 6 or 7 shows I have seen them do. Bit worried bout how doc looks these days though.

Offline rude1971

« Reply #6 on: Wed 03 Sep 2008 06:27:19 »
The Angels
Awesome

When & Where?

Offline wirocker

« Reply #7 on: Sat 15 Nov 2008 08:23:05 »
Wish these guys would come to the states

Offline panda61

« Reply #8 on: Fri 09 Jan 2009 22:20:05 »
Poor old Doc, sadly last time I saw them his voice was shot.

Offline Downhome61

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: Sat 07 Mar 2009 16:05:03 »
Panda

Late news i know but they did come here to WA late last year. For a festival. I have heard whispers they will be doing more touring.

Saw the good doctor at the last Countdown show in 2007 with my then 15 year old daughter. She nearly wet herself watching all these people who looked like parents of her friends screaming the Am I Ever... response. 

Offline Whalanboy

« Reply #10 on: Sun 08 Mar 2009 01:53:07 »
Angels concert on MAX tv 7:30 tonight for those that missed them

Repeats
Sunday 8 March 9.30pm
Monday 9 March 1pm
Thursday 12 March 2pm
Thursday 12 March 9.30pm
Sunday 15 March 12noon
Some people call themselves islanders , some people buy themselves an island but me, i live on the best island in the world, Australia. My final words are simple, MINES BIGGER THAN YOURS !

Offline sachabinky

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: Mon 09 Mar 2009 03:43:50 »
What does Doc look like now, is he sick or something?
 :o :o

Offline Gondwanna

« Reply #12 on: Wed 10 Feb 2010 18:39:08 »
Read in a local gig guide when I was visiting NSW that the re-formed Angels will be doing a national tour.

Being an Angels fan from way back - I was thrilled. That is till I get back to Western Australia and go to their web page to check out their tour dates. No Western Australia visit - yet they will play some country NSW gigs out the back of Bourke but appear to miss a whole state.

Seems the west is always forgotten by the good bands - we are part of Australia (probably should have succeeded in the early years as they originally planned - we would have probably got more band tours if we were classed another country).

The west is alright (execpt for the Eagles and Dockers footy teams).

The only bad part about Western Australia is that WA stands for "Wait Awhile"... it won't happen overnight.... but it will happen!!    Yeh right.

at  least Kevin Borich wants to head here for a few shows.. now all he needs is a promoter willing to make it happen!!

Offline hotrodstump.

« Reply #13 on: Wed 17 Feb 2010 20:30:50 »
I think that we really are spoiled for choice when it comes to live music in Melbourne, although the government is doing its best to kill the live music scene at a grass roots level.  I lived in S.A for 12 months and although the local scene was good I agree that very few big name acts ever put it on there tours.