Author Topic: Please post some info like genre or bio!  (Read 9425 times)

Offline vicarious

Please post some info like genre or bio!
« on: Sat 13 Jun 2009 20:40:03 »
I hate complaining, and complaining about feeling the need to complain, but...

Can our wonderful posters please consider including TWO key bits of info when they start new topics:
- Genre:  Not all of us are already familiar with all the Aussie artists on this site.  What about some info about hard rock, pop, ambient, indie, grunge etc??  It would help those of us not familiar with an artist decide whether to try it.  Especially when its a new thread.  For myself, its mostly the genre that makes the final decision about whether I will d/l an unfamiliar artist.  For those of us not located in Oz, it will be even more informative.  This really takes a minimum effort to do.
- Biography: Less critical than above, but its very useful info to have!  Even if its a bare minimum few lines, like "this guy is from Melbourne":  this tells a lot such as that he is a solo artist (not a band).

...sorry...complaint over...

but the good stuff is just how great ausrock has become!!

Offline Forrykook

Re: Please post some info like genre or bio!
« Reply #1 on: Tue 23 Jun 2009 18:55:39 »
Hey Vicarious
Sometimes I have thought about doing this but have no idea what to write. Some artists also are very difficult to pigeonhole into a genre. This coupled with my complete inability to categorise. I just like what I like and often have no idea what genre it is. I've downloaded and listened to quite a bit of stuff that had nothing written about it. Most I keep but some I delete. Easy as.

Also sometimes, bands that fit into a like-genre are completely different. eg, The Angels and Nickelback. One I love, (The Angels), one I can't stand.
I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.

Offline Vermin

• Patron
« Reply #2 on: Wed 24 Jun 2009 03:57:04 »
I think it's a good idea. If you're stuck for something to write, you could always link to the artists web site or LastFM page.

Offline Hector McFreckle

• Public Relations / Statistician Officer
  • Global Moderator
  • Rock Elite
« Reply #3 on: Wed 24 Jun 2009 07:11:31 »
Yeah, good idea guys. Even a statement like 'Similar sounding to...' would be helpful to all. Regardless, we're all appreciative of anything posted here, and i'm guilty of posting things without info as well but any extra info would be great.  ;)
Eat your peas !! :)

Offline No_Exit

• Rock Addict
« Reply #4 on: Wed 24 Jun 2009 20:45:50 »
I generally try to put a bit of info with my post's

Offline JestaCat

« Reply #5 on: Fri 26 Jun 2009 01:16:31 »
..or I'll just stop posting  ;)
Oh! no...  you're efforts are appreciated. 
(your sarcasm is noted, but it should be said that you contribute and are appreciated for contributing... don't even joke about stopping!! :))
Support local Australian music!

Offline deutros

• Midoztouch 2
  • Global Moderator
  • Rock Elite
  • Midoztouch 2 Admin
    • Little Aussie Albums
« Reply #6 on: Fri 26 Jun 2009 03:53:48 »
If you need to find out about the artist just google them that's where the ifno comes from anyway.

Offline screamin

« Reply #7 on: Sat 11 Jul 2009 01:45:53 »
most of my posts (in screamin's bit's) Have a short note and a link to more info

like this http://www.aussiedownunder.info/Ausrock/index.php/topic,1712.0.html