Author Topic: Saxy song - haven't identified this 80's song  (Read 10687 times)

Offline kilbey

Saxy song - haven't identified this 80's song
« on: Thu 30 Apr 2009 22:38:30 »
Hope you can give me a hand.  As I said in my previous post.  I have a load of songs on tape that I scored off the radio from the 80's, and have managed to identify nearly all of them.  This is the other one I have never been able to identify.

Similar to the dynamic hepnotics sound, jazzy, lots of sax.  Late 80's (86, or 88?) I think.

(missed the early part of song - don't know how much, probably only a line or two)

...........................................................bad news, the fever with the body and blues
My soul wants to boogie, my heart says go, everytime I listen to a travelling roadshow
I have a little strong one, I change into the powerful one, I have another view and I'm a-lookin' which way to blow

If I could only see you tonight, the way things are going we would probably have a fight
Why should it be so hard to connect, my head from the ceiling to my feet on the deck
If I seem to be in a bad bad way, yeah, we're living in the dark ages, see it happen every day.... every day

Well I consider most things, the sea/proceed? just with the evening breeze
I don't like movies, I can't stand shows, my heart craves something but it won't let me know

I love a little wild one, the night has only just begun
I think I better let it take me any old way you go, oooooh
If I could only see you tonight, you never know your luck, we know we might even get it right
Why should it be so hard to connect, my head from the ceiling to my feet on the deck
If I seem to be in a bad bad way, yeah, we're living in the dark ages, see it happen every day.... every day

You see them falling over from the bridge
You see them jumping off the harbour bridge
Yeah, we're living in the dark ages, see it happen every day.... every day
Uhhh...here we go...

(Sax solo)

Well I consider most things, the sea/proceed? just with the evening breeze
I don't like movies, I can't stand shows, my heart craves something but it won't let me know

I love a little wild one, the night has only just begun,
I think I better let it take me any old way you go
If I could only see you tonight, the way things are going we would probably have a fight
If I seem to be in a bad bad way, yeah, we're living in the dark ages, see it happen every day..every day

You see them falling over from the bridge
You see them leaping off the harbour bridge
Yeah, we're living in the dark ages, see it happen every day.... every day

You see them falling over from the bridge... every day
You see them jumping off the harbour bridge
Yeah, we're living in the dark ages, see it happen every day

If I seem to be in a bad bad way, yeah, we're living in the dark ages, see it happen every day

If I seem to be in a bad bad way, yeah, we're living in the dark ages, see it happen every day

Yeah, we're living in the dark ages, see it happen every day

Hey, thanks for any thoughts or advice, by the way.  It's all welcome.

Kilbey

Offline motcher76

Re: Saxy song - haven't identified this 80's song
« Reply #1 on: Fri 01 May 2009 00:05:36 »
"Dark Age" by the Oz blues/jazz/rock band The Hippos, released in 1988. From their 1988 album "Hippocracy".

You should be able to find this fairly easily 'round the traps ;D

Cheers
« Last Edit: Mon 17 Oct 2011 21:39:42 by motcher76 »
"... Before you judge a man, first walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who gives a damn. He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!!..."   ;D

Offline kilbey

« Reply #2 on: Fri 01 May 2009 00:14:31 »
Hi Motcher76

You are a bona fide legend.  Two songs that have stumped me for quite a few years since I started finding digital versions of all the stuff I taped off the radio in the eighties.  You just picked them off.  Wow.  I'm duly impressed.

I've put them in different search engines, lyrics sites and the like here and there for a while.  I did identify other songs doing that but not those two.  Just goes to show, eh...

Now that you've put a band name to each song, the names ring a definite bell.  Big Red especially.  I had a look at the youtube clip.  Perhaps I thought of Little Heroes because the lead singers look quite similar.  My dates were way out by the look of it.

Thanks.

Offline motcher76

« Reply #3 on: Fri 01 May 2009 00:18:57 »
"... Before you judge a man, first walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who gives a damn. He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!!..."   ;D

Offline kilbey

« Reply #4 on: Sun 03 May 2009 22:27:36 »
Thanks Motcher76... I'm drifting off into the 80's for the weekend, I think....  :D :D

Offline Forrykook

« Reply #5 on: Wed 01 Jul 2009 23:31:13 »
I too have all the Hippos stuff and have posted it in these forums. Haven't checked links for ages though. The Bondi Cigars began out of the remains of the Hippos when they ended up. Let me know if you need any more uploaded again.
I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.