Author Topic: Aria's 2008 - R.I.P Rock 'n Roll  (Read 6516 times)

Offline rowck001

Aria's 2008 - R.I.P Rock 'n Roll
« on: Sat 01 Nov 2008 04:33:57 »
Was it just me - or did others grieve for the state of aussie rock 'n roll reflected by the lack of real music at the Oz awards??

Seems to me that all you need now to be big in the industry is a nippy laptop ,drum machine and sequencer!
The presets are best album??? Give me a break!  >:(
The Veronicas and Gabriella Climi?? Tunes for pre-pubes!

Praise god for The living End and the Screaming Jets!!

Guess I was blesed to grow up with aussie rock in the 70's when rock 'n roll ruled the world (Well, the airwaves at least!)
God I feel sorry for kids today - Cruising in cars with awesome stereos listening to techno or hip-hop at ear splitting volume.
Imagine how good Rose Tattoo would have sounded back then on such topline equipment! ;D

Anyway, grandpa rant over ... cheers all

Offline Whalanboy

Re: Aria's 2008 - R.I.P Rock 'n Roll
« Reply #1 on: Mon 13 Apr 2009 07:21:54 »
I too grieve for great rock n roll , but as for the kids of today and the awesome car stereo's mate just get one yourself , chuck the angels in and turn it up LOUD. Remember if its too loud your too old and have fun!!
Some people call themselves islanders , some people buy themselves an island but me, i live on the best island in the world, Australia. My final words are simple, MINES BIGGER THAN YOURS !

Offline Exorphin

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: Tue 14 Apr 2009 06:46:32 »
I feel you mate...  The last (and best) ARIA awards that I watched involved TISM winning an award and Lez Murray accepting on their behalf - he said in Macedonian "I hate you all and hope that you die soon" to which the crowd erupted into applause, thankyou Lez, thankyou TISM and thankyou ARIA.
LOUD NOISES !!!

Offline blackmetal12

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: Tue 25 Jan 2011 18:27:44 »
I cant be bothered watching or paying attention to it: Aussie Mental bands are making much better music and are being ignored