Author Topic: Ausrock and Malcolm Young  (Read 7595 times)

Offline busbydaze

Ausrock and Malcolm Young
« on: Sun 26 Nov 2017 21:18:55 »
A great Oz guitarist dies and there is no comment on Ausrock. I know we have all moved away from this forum partly due to extreme copyright laws and this is seldom used media platform, But I couldnt let one of our great guitarist leave this mortal coil with out a mention.
------------------------------------------------
From Wikipedia
Malcolm Mitchell Young (6 January 1953 – 18 November 2017) was an Australian musician and songwriter, best known as a co-founder, rhythm guitarist, backing vocalist and songwriter for the hard rock band AC/DC. Except for a brief absence in 1988, he was with the band from its November 1973 beginning until retiring in 2014 for health reasons. Young and the other members of AC/DC were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003.

Though his younger brother Angus was the more visible of the brothers, Malcolm was described as the driving force and the leader of the band. In 2014, he stated that despite his retirement from the band, AC/DC was determined to continue making music with his blessing. As the rhythm guitarist, he was responsible for the broad sweep of the band's sound, developing many of their guitar riffs and co-writing the band's material with Angus. He was married to O’Linda Young and had two children, Cara and Ross.

Young took a leave of absence from AC/DC in April 2014, to receive treatment for dementia. In September 2014, the band's management announced that he would be retiring permanently. He died on 18 November 2017.
------------------------------------------------------
I remember putting a poll on this site and seeing the repsonse to what everyone's fave AC/DC album was. I thought the earlier albums would have gotten a more favorable look in. A lotta different people like AC/DC for a lotta different reasons. I like the earlier albums and Malcolm's  rythym guitar grooves. So rash and brash and raw, but also made the songs a full package. Powerage is an album that I cant play low because of MY's rythym riffs. I could go on and on so I will now go get my old AC/DC vinyl that I have and listen to the first 3 albums how they were intended to be listened to.

Rock in Peace Malcolm Young

The following users thanked this post: kelvin1962

Offline jasons2

Re: Ausrock and Malcolm Young
« Reply #1 on: Tue 12 Dec 2017 16:31:40 »
One if not THE best rhythm guitarist ever