Author Topic: A Jazz Chord  (Read 5649 times)

Offline Dr Keats

• Patron
  • As heard on Plenty Valley FM and Inner FM...
    • Further information...
A Jazz Chord
« on: Mon 29 Sep 2008 05:43:30 »
Stevie Wonder is playing his first gig in Melbourne and the place is absolutely packed to the rafters. 8)

In a bid to break the ice with his new audience, he asks if anyone would like him to to play a request.
The Lord Mayor, John So (attending the gig with his brother Ah), jumps out of his seat in the front row and shouts "Play a jazz chord... Play a jazz chord!"

Amazed that this guy knows the jazz influences in Stevie's varied career, the blind muso starts to play an E minor scale and then goes into a difficult jazz melody for about ten minutes.

When he finishes the whole place goes wild. The Lord Mayor jumps up again and shouts... "NO... play a jazz chord... play a jazz chord!"

A bit cheesed off by this, Stevie, being the professional that he is dives straight into a jazz improvisation with his band around the B flat minor chord and really tears the place apart.

The crowd goes wild again, but the Lord Mayor jumps up again screaming "NO... NO... PLAY A JAZZ CHORD... PLAY A JAZZ CHORD!!!"

Well and truly pissed off that this guy doesn't seem to appreciate his playing ability, Stevie gets up (facing the wrong way, 'cos he's blind), and says to him from the stage "OK... you get up here and do it!"

John So leaps up on the stage, takes hold of the mike and sings "A JAZZ CHORD TO SAY I RUV YOU!"
If ignorance is bliss, how come I ain't smilin'?

Offline Hector McFreckle

• Public Relations / Statistician Officer
  • Global Moderator
  • Rock Elite
Re: A Jazz Chord
« Reply #1 on: Sat 04 Oct 2008 04:29:24 »
HeHe.. That was funny !!

Eat your peas !! :)

Offline motcher76

Re: A Jazz Chord
« Reply #2 on: Sat 04 Oct 2008 04:49:19 »
Now that just ain't right !!

Turned me off my dinner 

Cheers
"... Before you judge a man, first walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who gives a damn. He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!!..."   ;D