Author Topic: 'Beat Of Love' or 'Beat Goes On' - who sings it?  (Read 11389 times)

Offline DJShotty™

'Beat Of Love' or 'Beat Goes On' - who sings it?
« on: Sun 20 Jul 2008 09:47:41 »
Hi to all,

I'm trying to find out the name of an American male artist, who had a hit here in the early 90's with a track called either 'The Beat Goes On' or 'Beat Of Love' (I'm not too sure which).  I had it on Cassingle (remember them, haha!), and the second track was called 'When The Wind Blows', which had a brilliant sax section throughout.

The 'Beat Of Love' song's chorus went like this,

"Take you in my arms, to night,
Hold you baby, and everything's all right,
Together we dance to the beat of love,
And the beat goes on.....
"

I've looked on a few 'Lyrics' sites, to no avail.  Any help or suggestions for who it might be will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you to all in this forum for your hard work in sharing the music with us all.
No matter how good your music playback system is, it's the quality of sound engineering which determines the listener's enjoyment level.
Many thanks to all who share properly encoded, named and tagged files.

Offline kushiro

Re: 'Beat Of Love' or 'Beat Goes On' - who sings it?
« Reply #1 on: Sun 20 Jul 2008 19:35:15 »
Hello DJShottyTM,

I did some searching around and eventually landed on the website for a guy named Chris Thompson.  He was in Manfred Mann's Earth Band (he did the lead vocal for their cover of "Blinded By the Light"!).  Looks like he's had quite a long career. 

Anyhow, here's the link to his page.  There's an "mp3's" page that has the Beat of Love album tracks, in case you want to listen and check if it's the right one (or to right-click and save). 

Code: [Select]
http://www.christhompson-central.com/index2.html
Hope that helps.

Offline DJShotty™

« Reply #2 on: Sun 20 Jul 2008 19:53:08 »
Thank you for this. Yes it is the track that I'm chasing. Brilliant song, eh?  Hopefully you had a listen to the tracks Chris has there - they are quite brilliant, and I suggest anyone else reading this thread take a listen for themselves by following the link provided by kushiro.  Very Farnham-like, his voice IMO.  Much obliged for your efforts in chasing this down for me.  I want to give you a 'karma' point, kushiro, but I can't see where to do this.  You deserve more than one for this, anyway!
« Last Edit: Sun 20 Jul 2008 21:57:18 by DJShotty™ »
No matter how good your music playback system is, it's the quality of sound engineering which determines the listener's enjoyment level.

Offline kelvin1962

• Turbo Search engine
  • Global Moderator
  • Rock Elite
  • I like the Ban button
« Reply #3 on: Mon 21 Jul 2008 00:41:06 »
Just click [applaud] under his Karma points

Offline DJShotty™

« Reply #4 on: Mon 21 Jul 2008 04:41:32 »
Just click [applaud] under his Karma points
Thank you for that.  I've only just seen that come up after I got promoted to VIP Status.  Great site, by the way kelvin1962, I'm honoured to be part of it and am happy to provide any assistance I can.

Offline kushiro

« Reply #5 on: Sat 26 Jul 2008 07:58:44 »
Glad to be of help, DJ.