Author Topic: Forum Searches  (Read 9256 times)

Offline Larnie

• Rock Addict
Forum Searches
« on: Sun 30 Mar 2008 23:01:16 »
Deleted - I found the other search button LOL
« Last Edit: Mon 31 Mar 2008 01:54:06 by Larnie »

Offline Beergut

Re: Forum Searches
« Reply #1 on: Mon 31 Mar 2008 02:54:29 »
Don't be too quick to delete it Larnie. We all have had some frustrating times with the site's search function on occasion.

You search and find nothing; then post a request or go to the trouble of uploading an album; only to be politely told it was there all along.... ???  ???

Would be interested to know which "search button" gave you the better result.

Never stand between a tree and a dog

Offline Larnie

• Rock Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mon 31 Mar 2008 03:30:24 »
Thank you for making me feel 'normal' beergut. What you explained is exactly what has been happening to me but on rare occasions the search was getting the result. I had ALWAYS used the search on the right. Then I spotted the Search Button  next to Help above and I guess I figured it was the one 'everyone' was using (except me).

I just tried something for comparison. My last 'red face' (lol) was when I made a post about the Radiators. Prior to posting I had used the search on the right hand side with no result. I just did the same search (using the button beside Help - just typed it in - no fancy options and bingo .... down near the bottom with only 5.3% relevance lol was a few links including the particular album (Radiology) I was going to up. I am presuming here that, that was the same thread oldshepp directed me to. In any case I DID get the result I was looking for. Whether it works all the time who knows.

PS I was 'out n about' this afternoon and found your old posts of Ross Ryan. I have been able to download 1 of 2 I want. Will try for the other in a little while. Big thank you for those - I recently purchased the re-released My Name Means Horse (I had the vinyl back in the good old days).  :)

Offline screamin

« Reply #3 on: Mon 31 Mar 2008 04:19:12 »
i use that button next to help and still comes up with no results at times

Offline kelvin1962

• Turbo Search engine
  • Global Moderator
  • Rock Elite
  • I like the Ban button
« Reply #4 on: Tue 01 Apr 2008 02:03:04 »
i use that button next to help and still comes up with no results at times
The Home button  ;D

Offline Larnie

• Rock Addict
« Reply #5 on: Tue 01 Apr 2008 04:02:04 »
Trust you to come up with that one Kel!  :D

Offline screamin

« Reply #6 on: Tue 01 Apr 2008 22:54:56 »
The Home button  ;D

the other side buddy  ???

Offline Forrykook

« Reply #7 on: Thu 04 Sep 2008 07:38:16 »
I think that if you use the search bar at the top right then it only searches in whatever thread or forum you happen to be in at that moment. I suggest going back to home page to begin a search.
I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.