Author Topic: KISS - Melbourne Grand Prix 2008  (Read 9768 times)

Offline Hector McFreckle

• Public Relations / Statistician Officer
  • Global Moderator
  • Rock Elite
KISS - Melbourne Grand Prix 2008
« on: Wed 19 Mar 2008 04:48:28 »
I went to the Melbourne GP on Sunday (sweltered through the 40*C heat) but the highlight was watching KISS play non-stop after the race for 2 hours. They still put on an excellent show, albeit still stuck in the 70s/80s. Heaps of fire, pyrotechnics, blood, lycra. Those guys still know how to rock. They chose Melbourne to kick off their new Kiss Alive35 World Tour, and had 2 camera crews to film the event for the TV specials 'Kissteria' & Gene's show 'Family Jewels'.  ;D

(Aren't these the same guys that have had countless 'farewell' tours over the years??)  ;D ;D 
Eat your peas !! :)

Offline oldshepp

Re: KISS - Melbourne Grand Prix 2008
« Reply #1 on: Wed 19 Mar 2008 06:09:16 »
(Aren't these the same guys that have had countless 'farewell' tours over the years??)

Too true Hector and I've always loved these guys since I was a kid, (still do) so I faithfully went to the Reunion tour and even went to the Farewell Tour show not that many years later, but now its a bit beyond a joke.   I'm glad you enjoyed the show though.

Maybe they'll be like the Wiggles and just keep drafting younger guys in when Paul & Gene finally give it away.   ;D

I mean its not like they need to do it for the money ....

Offline sleipnir

• Patron
« Reply #2 on: Wed 19 Mar 2008 16:52:27 »
1 of the true rock bands left in the world that give the people what they want - VALUE FOR $$$$$!!!!

Offline Rodamo

• Free Classified Ad site
« Reply #3 on: Fri 27 Jun 2008 20:50:53 »
The only true Kiss concert is the one with Ace and Pete in it............ ;D ;D

Well thats what I reacon..... :P

Offline Lego

« Reply #4 on: Tue 19 May 2009 05:20:44 »
I remember that day.  Had all intentions of seeing Kiss after the GP, but after getting to the track at like 6:30 in the morning (mate is an ambo driver and we came in that way, drove around the track in an ambo), drinking like 10ltrs of water/poweraide/beer and not needing to go to the dunny - I was too stuffed to check them out.

Did see The Who there this year, and they were brilliant.  Only 2 members left, but were well worth it.  Dallas Crane as support on the other hand........

Offline donlau

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: Wed 27 May 2009 19:58:51 »
Yes they do put on a good show