Author Topic: Graffiti  (Read 14804 times)

Offline stranded

Graffiti
« on: Fri 14 Dec 2007 18:12:46 »
This is really starting to get out of hand. How can they get off by tagging and graffiting all over the place. This is personally costing us and the community a lot of money. Not to mention also such an inconvenience....when is this going to stop.

This is what I woke up to the other morning, and $2,000.00 later in damages having it removed. My work truck.

Ask me if I'm PI**ED off.

Offline screamin

Re: Graffiti
« Reply #1 on: Fri 14 Dec 2007 23:09:13 »
Darn ...... Ausrock would of been better along the side .......
I understand were you are coming from , they need to get I.D from people who buy paint in spray cans , it's a problem everywhere .
I hope you didn't have to pay for the removal as its very costly , as my brother works as a Graffiti remover .

Offline stranded

« Reply #2 on: Sat 15 Dec 2007 01:44:42 »
Darn ...... Ausrock would of been better along the side .......
I understand were you are coming from , they need to get I.D from people who buy paint in spray cans , it's a problem everywhere .
I hope you didn't have to pay for the removal as its very costly , as my brother works as a Graffiti remover .

I guess Ausrock would have looked a lot better, I might of even kept it on.

I did have to pay 2 grand for the removal,  >:(  I'm going to try and claim it through insurance.

Offline Newrace

« Reply #3 on: Sat 15 Dec 2007 02:56:28 »
Yeah mate I would be pissed off too....2 grand is a lot of money

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new !!!

Offline Jaylee

« Reply #4 on: Sat 15 Dec 2007 17:47:59 »
It annoys the hell out of me, that these people have nothing better to do, and it seems like they just cant tolerate to see somebody else earning a buck.

Offline Beergut

« Reply #5 on: Sun 16 Dec 2007 04:46:22 »
Not sure what happens in your state Stranded, but over here the police keep tabs on the tags used. If you take your picture to them they can often identify the pr!cks from the tags and take action.

Never stand between a tree and a dog

Offline bazzil

• VIP
    • Prehistoric Sounds
« Reply #6 on: Mon 17 Dec 2007 05:44:11 »
Yeah, my fence used to get tagged every couple of weeks, I must have repainted it about a dozen times.

Pity they banned air rifles.

Offline stranded

« Reply #7 on: Mon 17 Dec 2007 14:52:59 »
Not sure what happens in your state Stranded, but over here the police keep tabs on the tags used. If you take your picture to them they can often identify the pr!cks from the tags and take action.

They did leave there tag, which I've since handed over to the police. Hopefully they can trace it and I might get some justice here.  >:(

Offline NiteOwl

• VIP - Owl's Nest Owner
  • Rock Addict
    • Owl's Nest
« Reply #8 on: Sat 22 Dec 2007 06:55:52 »
Lets hope you get justice stranded ... but you know the old saying ... don't hold your breath (unfortunately)
A word to the wize aint necessary ... its the stupid ones that need the advice!
Bill Cosby

Offline togmayday

« Reply #9 on: Sat 22 Dec 2007 16:11:36 »
Geez mate thats a horrid thing to do to your work truck, bet they get a slap on the wrist if caught too.

Offline vbs

« Reply #10 on: Tue 15 Jan 2008 04:26:58 »
Mate got stung myself during the christmas break. Cost $600 to get the filth removed (you can still see it slightly) and the coppers can not do too much.

Great present from the mongrels. All it does is bring down the community.

Offline stranded

« Reply #11 on: Wed 16 Jan 2008 23:37:20 »
Mate got stung myself during the christmas break. Cost $600 to get the filth removed (you can still see it slightly) and the coppers can not do too much.

Great present from the mongrels. All it does is bring down the community.

Yes likewise it's left the shiny side of the truck all dull and scratched.  >:(

Offline musicjunkie

« Reply #12 on: Sat 22 Mar 2008 22:50:30 »
That sucks stranded. Hope you were able to recoup some money through insurance. We have a wooden fence around our place that's a dull colour, but it doesn't stop the little ****ers from tagging it on a regular basis. Fortunately our local council has a graffiti hotline you can ring to report it, and usually within a week or two they send a truck out to remove it. Lately I've been thinking of setting up a security webcam to catch the little darlings in the act. ;)
"Religion is the cyanide of the masses."

Offline stranded

« Reply #13 on: Thu 27 Mar 2008 01:07:22 »
That sucks stranded. Hope you were able to recoup some money through insurance. We have a wooden fence around our place that's a dull colour, but it doesn't stop the little ****ers from tagging it on a regular basis. Fortunately our local council has a graffiti hotline you can ring to report it, and usually within a week or two they send a truck out to remove it. Lately I've been thinking of setting up a security webcam to catch the little darlings in the act. ;)

I did eventually put it through insurance.......and also some great leads to the culprit, soon I hope.

Offline GRS-HPR

« Reply #14 on: Fri 27 Jun 2008 03:39:31 »
as a younger person i think there is a place and a time for this i respect the people tht do legal work but the not legal side i think is not good at all

Offline zdsc

« Reply #15 on: Wed 23 Jul 2008 08:57:12 »
I was pretty shocked when I was in Australia at how much graffiti there is about.  There's lots in certain areas in England (usually around some train lines) but not so much where I live...in fact, it's so rare, it was a bit of a novelty to see it when I moved down South for 3 years. 

I think that there's some talent with some people - but the lack of respect for the property of others winds me up.  If you want to graffiti on your own house, go for it - but they should leave everyone else out of it. 

And people who scrawl the same stupid tag over and over are somewhat missing the point, I feel. 

lollylegs

« Reply #16 on: Fri 17 Oct 2008 17:48:33 »
On the Sunshine Coast of Queensland, two guys took the problem into their own hands and started painting over the graffiti with a high powered paint gun (using their own money to buy the paint and donating their time)

The police arrested them on the grounds that they were defacing public property!!!

There was an uproar in the community about the arrest and local people started donating money for paint.  Others have come out of the wood work to help them, and new graffiti is being over painted as fast as it appears.  The local council has now got involved and is also getting straight on to new graffiti and painting over it, and apparently it seems to be doing the trick.  Probably the artists have moved themselves to another shire because the incidence of new tags in decreasing daily.

Oh yea, the criminal charges have now been dropped from the guys that started the over-painting.

Offline justbrowsing

• VIP
« Reply #17 on: Sat 01 Nov 2008 21:23:02 »
That really sux!!!

I hope they catch the little darlings and make them repay you out of their pocket money!

faza

« Reply #18 on: Sun 01 Mar 2009 02:41:48 »
I feel that this is a common problem that is getting worse australia wide.
Parents need to be held accountable for the actions of there kids, i am quite often driving home from work at midnight and see 13 and 14 year old kids hanging the streets, society is going downhill and until the laws are changed i cant see much improvement