Author Topic: This is Ironic  (Read 13636 times)

Offline stranded

This is Ironic
« on: Tue 08 Apr 2008 21:07:10 »

After all I went through trying to get my last song identified. I thought I would get a copy of it. I found only one copy which came out of Britain.
It just arrived  :( (I could not stop laughing when I saw it)....Does that make it a three and a half inch.

Do you think it still might play if I'm careful and stick it together.  ???

Offline oldshepp

Re: This is Ironic
« Reply #1 on: Tue 08 Apr 2008 21:30:53 »
Oh dear.

Superglue fixes everything doesn't it.

Reminds me of how my Rock Lobster single looked after I flung into the roof of the school gymnasium when a girl had spurned my affection in high school many many moons ago.   ;D

Offline Jaylee

« Reply #2 on: Wed 09 Apr 2008 00:52:23 »
Do you think it still might play if I'm careful and stick it together.

:o :o Good Luck !!!!!

Offline Beergut

« Reply #3 on: Wed 09 Apr 2008 04:17:24 »
Mate! Look on the bright side.... You don't have to listen to something that, from what I can gather from the original topic, was very bad.  :'( But you still own (in two parts) that something. I reckon you came out OK! ;)

Never stand between a tree and a dog

Offline wm2007

« Reply #4 on: Tue 22 Apr 2008 23:07:57 »
oooooh, i HATE it when that happens!
wm

ps.  in all seriousness, don't think about trying to glue it and play it unless you're willing to destroy the stylus on your turntable.

Offline Austwiz

« Reply #5 on: Wed 23 Apr 2008 05:11:34 »
I have managed it in the past.  Sticky tape NOT glue.  A bit of fiddle and match and then record it asap when it works.  Then try to get rid of the pops when the needle hits the joins......

I did it for the b-side of 'My Sentimental Friend' by Herman's Hermits - a track called 'My Lady' which had never been an album track.
nichevo......

Offline wm2007

« Reply #6 on: Thu 24 Apr 2008 19:20:07 »
on the subject of repairing damaged vinyl, does anyone know any successful techniques for flattening warped lps?

wm

Offline Skids

« Reply #7 on: Fri 25 Apr 2008 03:48:41 »
on the subject of repairing damaged vinyl, does anyone know any successful techniques for flattening warped lps?

wm
warm water will allow you to shape lps
so ner....  :P

Offline wm2007

« Reply #8 on: Sat 26 Apr 2008 19:26:25 »
Thanks, Skids.  Warm water, huh?  what do you do, run the warped section under the tap, then press flat with heavy books or somesuch?

wm

Offline Skids

« Reply #9 on: Sun 27 Apr 2008 02:43:21 »
maybe more than just warm, hot  ;) I've never had to flatten a LP out that much as the needle tends to ride up and down the peaks and valleys, i'm not sure about putting heavy books on soft vinyl, might upset the grooves?
so ner....  :P

Offline NiteOwl

• VIP - Owl's Nest Owner
  • Rock Addict
    • Owl's Nest
« Reply #10 on: Mon 28 Apr 2008 04:23:11 »
Sit it on top of a lamp (lamp needs to be turned on LOL) for an hour - always did mine in the jacket, then flattened between the rest of my albums

Now the higher wattage on the bulb the less time you leave the lp on top of the lamp ... leave it too long and you end up with a new lampshade
A word to the wize aint necessary ... its the stupid ones that need the advice!
Bill Cosby

Offline stranded

« Reply #11 on: Mon 28 Apr 2008 15:51:33 »
I managed to find another copy in one piece.

I was told by placing the record between two sheets of glass. And leave it out in the sun for about half an hour should do the trick.

Offline wm2007

« Reply #12 on: Tue 29 Apr 2008 16:34:11 »
i like the idea of using glass plates and solar heat.  have to get a couple and try it!  thanks all.

wm

Offline gareth

« Reply #13 on: Fri 23 May 2008 06:58:21 »

After all I went through trying to get my last song identified. I thought I would get a copy of it. I found only one copy which came out of Britain.
It just arrived  :( (I could not stop laughing when I saw it)....Does that make it a three and a half inch.

Do you think it still might play if I'm careful and stick it together.  ???

Hmmm, I wonder if it was the type of unfortunate incident that gave somebody the 'part two available separately' idea for cd singles nowadays  ???

...on a positive note, at least you have both parts  ;D

Offline Vermin

• Patron
« Reply #14 on: Sat 24 May 2008 00:33:23 »

wm

Sandwich the LP between two pieces of 1/4" glass plate (do not add extra weight) and put it in the sunlight. When flat move to the shade and allow to cool before removing from the glass.