Comments, Suggestions, Discussions > Lets have a Winge

45cat

(1/3) > >>

Guitarzan:
Not really a whinge, but a somewhat half a whinge I suppose :hahaha:

If some of you don't know this site already, it's called 45cat. Basically, it's a special archive or home for any 7" single that gets uploaded from anywhere in the world. It is one of my all time FAVOURITE sites to go to, very handy for release year info in particular. Anyone can join if they have something in their own collection to contribute or add. I've been a member there now for 3 years and I enjoy adding, uploading and showing off records from my collection ;)

But lately I've run into a couple of hitches... somehow several of my images I've uploaded in the past had been edited by random people without me knowing about it. I find that part about the site extremely strange, some Joe Blow ably coming across my work I've already put in trimming it down and not saying a word. And no, there is no option anywhere to stop random edits from happening. It's all mod-incorporated. Not trying to make a big deal out of it, I just can't understand the necessity of the edits. Surely it's good courtesy for the editor to leave the uploader a note... ???

However, one of the mods was graceful enough to help me out and they suggested to message the name of the editor and find out their exact reason. Seems fair, though I already left a nice little message on the Comments board ::)

Again, an absolute gem of a site but not without a couple hurdles along the way... :Grrrrrr:

"Half-whinge" over.

G.Z.
 :shithappens:

deutros:
I can't say it's ever hapended  to me the only corrections made to my uploads has been by a mod and that's things like doubling up and it's usually me telling them that I've cocked up.

Guitarzan:

--- Quote from: deutros on Mon 08 Jun 2020 07:47:58 ---I can't say it's ever hapended  to me the only corrections made to my uploads has been by a mod and that's things like doubling up and it's usually me telling them that I've cocked up.

--- End quote ---
Been there, if I've buggered something up in my text, my art or an accidental duplication I'll admit it and have it removed by sending a correction message - just don't fiddle-fart around with my images without my say-so!

MrPurser:
I've been posting on 45Cat since 2011and can't recall ever having had an image edited.  Might have to go through them all and have a check.

Guitarzan:

--- Quote from: MrPurser on Mon 08 Jun 2020 16:03:44 ---I've been posting on 45Cat since 2011and can't recall ever having had an image edited.  Might have to go through them all and have a check.

--- End quote ---
Have a look through the My Page>Added Records column Don, that's how I've noticed some of my works being tampered with. After every scan, I like to leave at least 20 pixels of black background each side of the record label.

Here's a couple examples below what I was talking about (editor names highlighted), just hover over the pictures and you will see this popup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version