Author Topic: 2019 Australian Blues "Chain" Awards  (Read 16848 times)

Offline terryh

2019 Australian Blues "Chain" Awards
« on: Sun 24 Feb 2019 01:37:51 »
Went to the Australian Blues Festival at  Goulburn earlier in the month. A great laid back festival where all the music is free on the second weekend of February every year. Lloyd Seigal & Simon Kiney-Lewis took out the 2019 Chain awards but some great new artists & a couple of lesser known in Australia worth keeping a look out for if you're interested in blues based rock music.
Dean Haitani & 8 Ball Aitken are probably both better known in the USA than they are here at home but both were a knockout.
Andrea Marr & John McNamara, performing as McNamarr Duo had just returned from the international blues knockout in Memphis where they represented Australia and although they were knocked out in the semi finals they signed a recording contract with a major label.
Of the other artists I saw The Vibrolators with Miss Peta Lee and Pat Eyre Duo stand out.
A great weekend & one to put in the diary for next year with music in the park all weekend and long into the night & early morning at the various clubs &  hotels around town.
The only complaint I heard all weekend was from Dean Haitani that he drew the 10am start in the park on Sunday but like a true professional he played on to the delight of the audience. Might see you there next year as all else being well I'll be back.
Cheers,
Terry

The following users thanked this post: Guy