Comments, Suggestions, Discussions > Lets have a Winge

Ebay

(1/2) > >>

deutros:
 :hellno: not particularly happy I was toying with the idea with buying a CD yesterday off Ebay and went through the whole purchasing deal until I got to COMMIT TO PAY and then noticed that the postage was a bit excessive so I opted out without hitting the COMMIT TO PAY button got up this morning and in my Email was my receipt for my purchase how the hell does that happen.  :Grrrrrr: :smash:) :shithappens: :copper:

MrPurser:
Yes, lots of hidden traps in the internet - I guess you'll be posting the CD and saving us the postage?  Sorry, bad joke.... :Grrrrrr:

deutros:
I don't want to complain to much as I did want it but what if I didn't the rigmarole to get out of it. 

peterpowerpop:
I was like that when I wanted to buy Hatchie's Sugar & Spice EP from the Hatchie website when it was first released. I was aghast to find at the very end of the transaction that the $10 CD had a shipping cost of $8.50. (Postage wasn't mentioned at any other time during the purchasing procedure.) I backed out of that transaction quick smart pronto. (It took an email to the seller to cancel the sale, but they were understanding, and cancelled it, so all's well that ends well.)

I don't mind paying a couple of dollars for postage (it's usually only a PostPak for a CD to go interstate), but when it's almost the cost of the CD... well, that just freaks me out, man.

I was relieved to see it available a little while later on eBay for $9, with free shipping.

mcphert1:
I find with ebay that I usually know the postage upfront.  The main thing that has changed is that you are first advised of the addition of GST at the very last stage.   Now I just factor in the additional 10%.  When considering buying something from Amazon, it bugs me that I have to go through the shopping cart process to the very end to find out the amount they will charge for shipping.  That's when can still decide to opt out but it would be good to know the shipping at the start of the process.  Sometimes shipping can double the cost. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version