Author Topic: Hello people  (Read 1240 times)

Offline detour

• VIP
Hello people
« on: December 30, 2015, 01:30:40 PM »
Hi all; and thanks for letting me visit. I've lurked around this site (and Midoztouch and Midoztouch 2) on and off over the years, meaning to sign up but never getting around to it for one reason or another. Well it's my (early) New Year resolution to finally press the button. I'm a member of a few other international music Forums/Blogs, but this site looks like a terrific resource for OZ music. I've a fairly extensive CD/vinyl/cassette collection and knowledgebase built up over the years, and I hope I might be able to contribute to discussion and other sharing on this site where I can. I'm a child of the early 70's but can't say I've a particular music genre or decade that I hang my hat on ... I just love GOOD music - the more innovative and/or progressive the better - and in particular music from OZ or NZ. I draw the line at pure country (just doesn't do it for me), rap (to me it's just the same ole same ole), and some hip-hop (shame; but it's starting to get a bit repetitive as well) but that's about it.

Born and bred in Sydney, but I've spent a fair amount of time also in Canberra and Hobart. I've travelled pretty regularly to the other capital cities as well, so I've been able to catch up with a great cross-section of Aussie music over the years.

Can't think of anything else remotely interesting to say about myself, so I'll leave it there. Thanks again. 

Regards

Offline deutros

• Global Moderator
  • Rock Elite
    • Little Aussie Albums
Re: Hello people
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 11:07:53 AM »
Welcome to the forum detour nice introduction

Offline Beergut

• Global Moderator
  • Rock Elite
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 06:47:33 PM »
Great intro Detour! Welcome to Ausrock. I'm a 70's tragic myself. Board's been a bit quiet lately, but still plenty of bits and pieces to keep people coming back.

Join in where you can, but most of all, enjoy. We're a pretty friendly lot here, and I'm sure that you'll find that the more you contribute to the forums, the more you'll get out of the place.

Welcome.

Never stand between a tree and a dog

Offline detour

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 12:39:43 PM »
Thanks for the warm & friendly welcome - that says a lot about the Site. Was a bit confused about how the site worked, but I think I have it sussed now.

I did forget to mention before that I also spent around 3 years in New Zealand. Some terrific bands and great music from there; especially the Dunedin or Christchurch sound and just about anything out of the Flying Nun studios.

OK, I'm off now to do a bit of browsing.

:)

Offline Skids

• Administrator
  • Rock Elite
  • Twilight of Mischief
    • ausrock2
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 08:27:24 PM »
welcome  ;)
so ner....  :P

Offline Newrace

• Admin
  • Administrator
  • Rock Elite
  • Born to Die a Rocker
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 08:47:27 PM »
Welcome aboard mate :) :)

Nice introduction.
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new !!!

Offline cdsearcher

• Patron
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 10:10:21 AM »
Welcome aboard detour!  ;D

Cheers - PD

Offline jasons2

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 10:29:48 PM »
Welcome detour and we hope you're enjoying the site.