Comments, Suggestions, Discussions > Lets have a Winge

Please post some info like genre or bio!

(1/2) > >>

vicarious:
I hate complaining, and complaining about feeling the need to complain, but...

Can our wonderful posters please consider including TWO key bits of info when they start new topics:
- Genre:  Not all of us are already familiar with all the Aussie artists on this site.  What about some info about hard rock, pop, ambient, indie, grunge etc??  It would help those of us not familiar with an artist decide whether to try it.  Especially when its a new thread.  For myself, its mostly the genre that makes the final decision about whether I will d/l an unfamiliar artist.  For those of us not located in Oz, it will be even more informative.  This really takes a minimum effort to do.
- Biography: Less critical than above, but its very useful info to have!  Even if its a bare minimum few lines, like "this guy is from Melbourne":  this tells a lot such as that he is a solo artist (not a band).

...sorry...complaint over...

but the good stuff is just how great ausrock has become!!

Forrykook:
Hey Vicarious
Sometimes I have thought about doing this but have no idea what to write. Some artists also are very difficult to pigeonhole into a genre. This coupled with my complete inability to categorise. I just like what I like and often have no idea what genre it is. I've downloaded and listened to quite a bit of stuff that had nothing written about it. Most I keep but some I delete. Easy as.

Also sometimes, bands that fit into a like-genre are completely different. eg, The Angels and Nickelback. One I love, (The Angels), one I can't stand.

Vermin:
I think it's a good idea. If you're stuck for something to write, you could always link to the artists web site or LastFM page.

Hector McFreckle:
Yeah, good idea guys. Even a statement like 'Similar sounding to...' would be helpful to all. Regardless, we're all appreciative of anything posted here, and i'm guilty of posting things without info as well but any extra info would be great.  ;)

No_Exit:
I generally try to put a bit of info with my post's

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version