Discover Sounds, Underground Music Samplers > Music and Entertainment, Local gigs

All Tomorrows parties

<< < (2/2)

NerdBurger:
Thanks Bob for the links.  What is the quality of the recording?

It looks like I'm also photographing some of the ATP sideshows. I can't stop pinching myself with excitement! :)

I'm doing Spiritualized and The Silver Apples at The Hi-Fi Bar tomorrow. Jumping in my car and driving 3-4 hours!!! Then I'm doing the two day Mt Buller ATP event with full photopass access. So basically I'll be in front row centre between the barrier and the stage taking shots of all of the acts. I'm guessing there is going to be a few Ron Asheton tributes from some of the bands this week-end as The Stooges were such a major influence of so many of these artists.

Then the cherry on top of the cake will be on the following week.  I am doing the Don't Look Back concert.  The Saints will perform "I'm Stranded" in it's entirety. X will also be performing the seminal aussie punk classic, "At Home With You". A pity Ian Rilan can't be there but The Horns of Contempt (as in the Hunters & Collectors' horn section) will be lending X a helping hand. The Saints are doing the same thing next day in Brisbane but without X in support.  I hope you get a chance to catch it Bob.

Every year summer festivals come and go. I sometimes go to The Big Day Out, if their is a main act that I just must see (i.e. Iggy & The Stooges or Neil Young this year). Some years I let the whole procession and go by and I just catch some of the sideshows. I really got to hand it to the organisers of All Tomorrow's Parties. Having Nick Cave's red right hand pick the acts is a genius move. For the first time ever, it is as if a summer festival was actually custom made for me personally. It's not just one band that I am dying to see but over TEN BANDS!!!

I'm been chatting to The Reels and they are doing something special at the ATP festival. It looks like Dave buoyed by his warm welcoming of his comeback is writing some new songs. Colin 'Polly' Newham has officially retired from the band. The new band at Mt Buller is still going to have Dave Mason and John Boy Bliss on drums and three new band members. They have been practising hard and aim to sound as close to the original recordings but with a full band (i.e. bass guitar, keyboards, drums, etc). I remember the old days when the band use to have an Amiga computer on stage and they use to load song from a floppy disk. :P

bob:
You are the man nerdburger, you have to post some photos, damn i'd love
to see spiritualized from the side stage and photograph em, i'm jealous.
So how did you get photopass access? you work for the Australian or something.
And thanks for the heads up on the don't look back / saints gig, that was the first i've
heard about it, fantastic news.
I think I'm Stranded is like as influential as Never mind the bollocks I'm excited now. ;D
You enjoy yourself nerdburger and if you can spare me some good shots I will give you
pride of place on my blog.
The recording bloody good, top quality audience, you have to hear the roar go up through the
crowd when I'm Stranded is recognized to believe it.
ciao bob

bob:
Ive posted a review of sorts and plenty photos at
http://stripedsunlight.blogspot.com/

ciao bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version