Comments, Suggestions, Discussions > Lets have a Winge

iPirates face jail time in customs frisk

<< < (4/4)

donlau:
This would make the trip through Customs even better.

JestaCat:
How much fun would this be for the lovely people at customs - having just returned from a trip to USA and Canada I know how much personality they (?are allowed to?) show . . . imagine them then having to ask "please power on your 40gb iPod; please verify you have purchased the 8000 tracks included" - do they expect you to carry around printed copies of the iTunes emailed receipts or are they going to have an uplink with every digital retailer to check if you've purchased a track. . ?

Then there's the cabling issue - sure, (most/all?) iPod cables are interchangable - but what about Sony and Samsung and all the lower volume MP3 player producers?  Is it going to be a customs demand now "If carrying a personal music player, please also have the USB connection cable in your carry on luggage"???  Or are they going to stock spare cables for every model?  Sounds logical...

Then there's the CD rips - my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong - it's been known to happen once or twice before) is that we are allowed to make other format copies of copyrighted material we own providing it is for our own personal use only (ie: I can make a backup MP3 of my hardcopy CD (or vise-versa) but lending / copying for someone outside my house is illegal).  How will they verify this?  Must we keep receipts for every CD now?  Will a picture of me holding the CD suffice?? (put the finger away and say cheese). . .

This issue is ridiculous - I agree with DJShotty™ hopefully they will say "April Fool's" or such - or this issue will just die a natural ridiculous death. :)

Forrykook:
Check this out...
--- Code: ---http://www.news.com.au/story/0,,25659151-2,00.html
--- End code ---

Pretty scary stuff.

WonderWoman:
OMG-that's scary  >:(

Rosie125:

--- Quote from: motcher76 on Tue 29 Jul 2008 04:28:12 ---And yet this same multinational multi million dollar recording industry (including the likes of Sony) is falling over themselves making their catalogues available in mp3 downloadable format. Go figure  ::)

Soooo much BS.

Cheers

--- End quote ---
That's exactly why Canada charges a bit extra for CDs.
I think it was the result of a court case and your point was made.
They also make the burners and blank CDs.
Can't have it both ways eh?
So now you can legally share music around over there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version