Discover Sounds, Underground Music Samplers > Music and Entertainment, Local gigs

Favorite Concert

(1/5) > >>

vilescum:
What is the most memorable gig you have ever been to?

Mine was seeing the Cruel Sea at the Metro. Tex had broken a leg I think, and couldn't play. Everyone was offered a refund, a few people left, after that it was the best night I have ever had.

quijibo70:
Midnight Oil at the Palais Royale in Newcastle in the late 80's. I think they knocked the old girl down last week.

musicjunkie:
Australian - Angels, Perth Entertainment Centre, around 1985/6. Local Perth band V-Capri was the opening act.

International - Prince at Sydney Entertainment Centre. Bought the VIP tickets and got to sit in on the sound check which turned into a long set piece jam.

gazzastapo:
Jethro Tull at the Hordern Pavillion in the 70's was the best I've seen

Steve Miller and CSN in Detroit in the late 90's was just amazing....(especially since it only cost US$28)

AC/DC at the Bondi Lifesaver in the 70's was huge.....more fights that night than at the Sydney Stadium :o :o.....and it was the best I'd ever heard them.....

The Angels supporting Bowie in 1978 (?)....first time I'd seen the Angels and they kicked arse....enjoyed them more than Bowie...

Gary Glitter at Selinas in the 80's was a cack....he took the piss out of himself and it was just a great fun goodtime....

wm2007:
Some fine ones ...

Non-Australian artists:
Tom Waits on the "Raindogs" tour.
David Bowie at the US Festival.
Chris Knox (he leaned over and bit me on the cheek mid-song!)
The Fall in 1987.

Australian:
Paradise Motel at Union Chappel, London.
Nick Cave on the "Tender Prey" tour.
Go Betweens at Rhino records, LA.

wm2007

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version