Comments, Suggestions, Discussions > Lets have a Winge

Price of Gas for the BBQ

(1/2) > >>

vbs:
The BBQ - the great aussie cooking implement. It a prerequisite to watch the cricket with your mates and burn a few snags after stumps and get pissed. Well just got the 9kg gas bottle refilled - cost $30. Mate it is just pricing the BBQ into oblivion. I am no chemist but LPG is LPG. It costs around 50 cents per litre for the car and around $3 per litre for the bottle. The stuff has got to be the same. Bloody hell it is a right to get cheap gas for the BBQ.

Jaylee:
Yes i know what you mean, more annoying when u pay that much and the damn thing is filled properly, u go through it in no time.

Its sad that a lot of the good things in life are becoming really hard to maintain still.

But take into account the price of the meat for the barbie as well, and its almost a luxury ....  ???

Beergut:
LPG for the car is a very different gas than the one in the BBQ bottles (Propane). BBQ gas usually is around the $23 to $25 here.

Having said that, my cruiser is on LPG and the stuff has gone up almost 25c per litre since the election. I'm probably paranoid (actually I know I am: but you won't get me!) but I just can't get over the timing: honeymoon government not yet in power long enough to find their feet, and gas, petrol and interest rates (without the help of the reserve bank) on the rise. Is it just me or do others thing some multi-nationals are taking advantage of our new governments lack of experience?

screamin:
darn hey , I've been using LPG in my gas bottle for the barbie .I get it free at work went the 10 year inspection comes along , some clowns bring there cars in with a full tank of gas at times  ??? seems to be working ok , god i worried now . I'll have to have a 6 pak before the next Barbie to get the courage up to lite it

Beergut , i reakon johnny howard had this in mind when he gave out 2000 buks for the gas conversion 
and capped the gas till 2008 , someone has to help get all that money back

No_Exit:

--- Quote from: Beergut on Fri 18 Jan 2008 02:59:03 ---LPG for the car is a very different gas than the one in the BBQ bottles (Propane).
--- End quote ---

Umm, my BBQ runs of a 36KG forklift bottle I borrowed about a dozen or so years ago. I've filled it @ the gas bowser @ the servo a few times over the years when i got caught with no gas on the weekends.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version