Author Topic: R.I.P. - Tina Turner (83)  (Read 1652 times)

Offline punkinblue9

R.I.P. - Tina Turner (83)
« on: Thu 25 May 2023 12:43:39 »
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/may/24/tina-turner-legendary-rocknroll-singer-dies-aged-83

The following users thanked this post: Newrace, Hector McFreckle, Beergut, deutros, pewdekz, RAM

Offline deutros

• Midoztouch 2
  • Global Moderator
  • Rock Elite
  • Midoztouch 2 Admin
    • Little Aussie Albums
Re: R.I.P. - Tina Turner (83)
« Reply #1 on: Thu 25 May 2023 18:39:08 »
 :( This is one of the one's that hurts always a fan from the early days with Ike to her rise to super stardom in the eighties and nineties. Got to see her live and what a performance that was RIP Anna Mae Bullock you will be missed.

The following users thanked this post: Hector McFreckle

Offline Ratso

« Reply #2 on: Thu 25 May 2023 19:54:53 »
I saw her in 76 at the Apollo in Adelaide. It was a basketball stadium, so long and thin, with the entrance at one end and the stage at the other. The night started with the band playing a number, they were joined with the Ikettes on the second one, and Ike Turner came in on the third. On the fourth Tina was singing a soulful ballad, but no-one could see her. Then, slowly the crowd noticed that she was at the entrance, dressed in a long sequined gown, with a long, long microphone cord which she coiled on her left arm as she walked down the aisle oh so slowly and sensually towards the stage. She timed it perfectly as she reached her mic on the stage. She said "Did you miss me?" and the crowd went wild. Then she pulled at her gown, which came away to reveal the same tassled jump suits as the Ikettes wore. I do not remember even one song from the night, but I will never forget the showmanship of the fourth song. Vale Tina

The following users thanked this post: Hector McFreckle, Guy

Offline Whalanboy

« Reply #3 on: Sat 27 May 2023 03:44:29 »
Shocking that we have lost such an icon. Tina was and always will be simply the best. R.I.P. She will always be with us, just press play.
Some people call themselves islanders , some people buy themselves an island but me, i live on the best island in the world, Australia. My final words are simple, MINES BIGGER THAN YOURS !

Offline peterpowerpop

« Reply #4 on: Sat 27 May 2023 18:41:48 »
Rage played what is possibly its entire Tina Turner music video catalogue last night. (Here's the playlist.)

I recorded the broadcast and will post the videos soon.

The following users thanked this post: Hector McFreckle

Offline peterpowerpop

« Reply #5 on: Sun 28 May 2023 16:04:45 »