Discover Sounds, Underground Music Samplers > Music and Entertainment, Local gigs

Any other musicians on this board?

<< < (4/5) > >>

gazzastapo:

--- Quote from: bob on Tue 22 Apr 2008 03:37:21 ---.
Playing charango, ciao bob

--- End quote ---
so Bob...where did you get the Charango....and is it a traditional one with the armadillo body?

I bought one back from Argentina many years ago...it was weird seeing it being played in an orchestra, so just had to go out and find one to buy and bring home.
I have it hanging on the wall with a couple of other instruments I've bought back from my travels....but that's the one that gets noticed the most....and I'd swear the hairs out of the shell have grown longer over the years... ;D ;D

bob:
Hi Gazzastapo, I've got 3 charangos, well one actually is a ronroco which is a bit larger charango.
The first one I got was purchased here in Brisbane from some Latin Americans for a birthday
by the wife, its medium size all wood, the 2nd is a small one which I bought in Ecuador, its got
the armadillo shell sound box
and the 3rd is the ronroco a beautiful hand made instrument I bought in Bolivia from a proper
music/instrument shop, its the one I play.
ciao bob

NerdBurger:

--- Quote from: Trojan on Wed 21 Nov 2007 04:56:18 ---Appeared on 1979 Album: The borders of disgrace.

--- End quote ---

WTF!!!!

The Ron Rude album!   That's the guy that went on a hunger strike until 3XY play it.

I think me and three other people actually purchased it.  I've also got his Piano Piano album.

Now the mystery is....(scanning my record cover liner notes)....who are you?

Trojan:

Hi NerdBurger
WTF!!!
You bought one? I hope you enjoyed it. What is your favourite track from each record?
I am one of the guitar players. Did you ever see the band live, we were better live.
Am happy to answer any questions you might have

Trojan

Lego:
Played drums in two bands:

Porterhouse was one from Uni with a bunch of friends but faded out when the bass player got married and lost interest in playing.  Last time I saw him about 6 motnhs ago, he hasn't picked the bass up for years.

Other band was Go You Huskies (www.goyouhuskies.com) but that's on hold as we have kids and jobs.  That was great fun and our main song Cubbyhouse has been on Bondi Rescue, was used for a Volvo ad (on the website) and is appearing in Gorilla Gardeners - not bad for a band not active for about 2 years.

Use to work with the guys from The Mark of Cain, they worked out of the Adelaide office and me out of Melbourne site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version