Comments, Suggestions, Discussions > Lets have a Winge

Downloading shows from ABCs iView - Getting around new DRM

(1/2) > >>

rainmangoestorockwiz:
Well, this is kind of a winge, but i hope more of a constructive discussion on how to get around the ABCs obnoxious DRM, that they have unleashed of late on the iView website.  A few days ago I missed both Stan Grant's "Matter a fact" and "the world" and wanted to download them to my computer to watch at a place and time that suited me.  I tried both chrome's flash video downloader, and a command prompt alternative called youtube-dl.  I still have to try video-downloader in Firefox.  As of this moment, I've had no luck on downloading anything, Chromes flash downloader did download a 115 meg container file that was empty.  What the ABC is stubbornly not wanting to understand that it is perfectly legal for a person to download a show for format shifting, that is to download to a computer, then change the codec to watch on another device in another location.  Unfortunately Whirlpool where most of this discussion took place have been gagged by the copyright mafia, and any discussion regarding circumventing iViews DRM is immediately deleted.  It seems of late, the technique on downloading a show from iView has become very difficult to come by. 

Newrace:
This topic is ok in this section, we are not whirlpool or the copyright mafia, as long as you are viewing / using  it for personal use I see no problem with this thread. :punk: :rnr: :thankyou1: :Thumbup:)

Beergut:
Do any oF the various add-ins for chrome or Firefox work?

I've used several quite sucessfully on my compvuter over the years, even grabbing SBS Luke Nguen series or the railway man who travels with the old guide book. Unfortunately I'm typing this on an android tablet in Istanbul, I can't remember which add-on I currently use on the puter, and it will be a long time until I see my computer again.

rainmangoestorockwiz:
Thanks, and yes, personal use, that is exactly my point, but the ABC have just gone ahead and assume that we are all content thieves and locked the site up like a fortress. 

Though I don't have high hopes, I've written a respectful letter on their facebook page asking for some compromise; at lease making their news and current affair shows available for download, like they did ten years ago with vodcasting.  We can only wait and see what happens. 

As for the programs themselves, whether I could download them or not, it seems the programs have disappeared, it looks like the abc delete shows after two days. 

Newrace:
I have been told TubeDigger and a few others programs work with the new ABC DRM. :punk:

The software listed are payed versions.

Spoiler: ShowHidehttp://www.tubedigger.com/

Spoiler: ShowHidehttps://www.allavsoft.com/video-downloader-converter.html

Spoiler: ShowHidehttp://www.vso-software.fr/products/downloader/vso-downloader.php

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version